Unbelievably fast: Sail with over 16 knots
Happy Cat Hurricane
PDF LANGUAGE VERSIONS
HAPPY CAT HURRICANE
SLEEK HIGH PERFORMANCE
It is the fastest, best and most versatile of the Grabner inflatable sports catamarans – and also the largest one! With even larger hulls for more buoyancy and less resistance. With even more place for luggage and equipment. With additional hull struts for stability in strong waves. With speeds of over 16 knots and exceptional sailing characteristics. As good as a hard shell catamaran but can be packed in 3 bags. For regattas, touring and long-distance sailing along the coast and for families with children. Grabner’s top model – with top characteristics!
The entire catamaran can be packed in only 3 bags for transport and storage.
Two long bags (185 x 30 x 30 cm) and a packing bag (80 x 45 x 28 cm). Suitable for many cars, roof boxes and mobile homes.
Developed through tank testing
Cut through the waves at maximum speed or experience more buoyancy:
This is ensured by the convex hull bottom, the hulls with a diameter of 54 cm in combination with the Wavepiercer bow and the long waterline of 499 cm! This is the ideal hull shape as it not only allows you to be extremely fast but also protects you from water splashes so that you can enjoy a stable ride with low water resistance.
It is stable and has improved bow and stern buoyancy for extra loads and even more safety. And yet it is fierce like a hurricane!
This inflatable Grabner travel catamaran has been developed and optimised through tank testing and the boat-skin is hand made from strong Grabner car tyre rubber.
Two strong braces reinforce the hulls in the bow area. This gives constant rigidity just like a hard shell hull and creates even more speed and less spray.
In a robust frame
The hull and frame are firmly and stably connected by sleeve inserts, while the special square profile frame with angular connectors provides high torsional stability and doesn’t twist.
The trampoline mesh is integratedseamlessly and directly into the profile frame and offers plenty of space for comfortable sitting. A powerful 6 hp-engine can be mounted to the saltwater-resistant anodised aluminium frame to accelerate the inflatable catamaran to a breath taking speed of 25 km/h.
Usable foredeck space
The crossbar, which is included as standard, stabilises the hulls in the bow area.
The optional foredeck increases the usable area, protects from spray when sailing at a high speed and can also be used to fasten luggage – or to lie and sunbathe on it in relaxing holiday moments or when you feel like lazing in the sun!
Thanks to the fixed crossbar, you can comfortably get into the boat via the foredeck.
Reardeck and auxiliary motor
Camera, drinking bottle, tent
With the optional reardeck, you can use the stern to store light luggage. This additional space is great for expeditions or for spontaneous access…
No wind? With the optional motor-bracket, you can mount a small auxiliary electric motor onto the rear bar to keep you going when there is no wind, which will not get in the way when sailing.
Sailing more altitude
The hydrodynamically optimised centreboard extends deep into the water to counteract the lateral drift in the best possible way. The inclination is infinitely adjustable so that the centre of pressure by can be optimally trimmed for speed on any course. The robust aluminium centreboard releases automatically when it touches the ground and it can be pulled in completely during landing.
Robust “kick-up” rudder
The “kick-up” rudder is extremely robust thanks to the cast metal rudder head (black). The sleek, hydrodynamically optimised blade extends deep into the water to improve steering control.
Instead of using cable pulls, you can comfortably and directly haul the blade up or down from the tiller, which has two lock-in positions: folded up or lowered down into the water completely. It releases automatically when it touches the ground.
The high-speed rudder, which is shifted to the rear due to the outrigger, provides the best steering control and makes it easy to steer smoothly and steadily.
Ball joint with rotational limiter
For the best trim in any wind condition
The mast foot ball joint is new and innovative. Even when there is only little wind, the mast rotates easily with the sail and thus improves the overall profile.
With the rotational limiter, the mast rotation can be restricted for light to strong wind conditions and the mainsail can be sailed flat or more bulging.
The practical mast foot joint also makes it easy to right the mast, which can be righted and lowered by just one person.
The professional rig includes:
- Professional four-part profile mast with angular connectors
- Mast profile with generous dimensions for more stability and a consistent sail profile without the mast bending
- Unity of mast and sail, which is retracted directly and flush into the mast
- Double shrouds ensure that the mast bends in a controlled manner to provide you with an optimal sail profile and for peace of mind
- An additional forestay with which the mast can be adjusted independently from the sails and for extra safety.
For all wind conditions
- Always the ideal profile:The fully battened mainsail with a surface area of 8 m² provides the ideal profile – the batten tension can be adapted to a wide range of wind conditions. In light wind, the wide upper ‘Square Head’ sail section provides extra performance.
- Never hit your head again: The modern cut of the catamaran mainsail provides a larger sail surface and creates less turbulence – and since it has no boom, you will never hit your head again. Thick Dacron canvas and large reinforced windows give rigidity and good all-round visibility.
- Tow points for height: The tow points of the 3.50 m² jib are fixed at an ideal position close to the mast in order to be able to sail with more height and to ensure a good foresail profile, even when sailing wind abeam. The comfortable continuous jib furler makes it easy to furl the foresail.
Jib halyard pulley
With the jib halyard pulley, you can easily adjust the tension of the rig manually.
Traveller and perfect trim
The best trim for the speediest sailing.
- Per Traveller: Depending on the course, the tow points of the mainsheet are shifted towards luff or lee using the traveller. No matter if you sail wind abeam, before the wind or close to the wind: The mainsail “twist” is reduced and the performance is increased.
- Per clew plate: Adaptable to the wind conditions, the mainsheet is hooked either further to the front or to the rear so that the mainsail has a bulging or flat profile.
- With ease: Thanks to the 4:1 mainsheet transmission, it is easy to manoeuvre the mainsail by hand – even in stronger wind conditions.
Awarded by experts
The HURRICANE has won two awardw in the USA:
BEST BOAT 2021 | SAIL MAGAZINE USA
BOAT OF THE YEAR 2022 | SAILING WORLD USA
“... make no mistake, the HAPPY CAT HURRICANE is anything but a mere beach toy. It is, in fact, a true speed demon, great for teaching, racing or just getting away for a day of spicy sailing.”
SAIL MAGAZINE USA – Best Boats 2021
Pictures & Videos
|Overall Length x Width||499 x 233 cm||16' 4" x 7' 7"|
|Length x Width Trampoline||190 x 150 cm||6' 2" x 4' 11"|
|Hull Length x DM||495 x 54 cm||16' 2" x 21"|
|Mast Height||610 cm||20' 0"|
|Weight||85 kg||187 lbs|
|2 Packing bags||185 x 30 x 30 cm||6' 0" x 12" x 12"|
|1 Packing bag||80 x 45 x 28 cm||31" x 17" x 11"|
|Longest Item||180 cm (front frame + rear frame)||5' 10" (front frame + rear frame)|
|Payload||600 kg||1323 lbs|
|Assembly Time||35 min||35 min|
|Operating Pressure||0.3 bar||4.3 psi|
|Material||1100 dtex EPDM-Kautschuk||1100 dtex EPDM-Kautschuk|
|Headsail / mainsail||3.5 m² / 8 m²||32 sq.ft. /86 sq.ft.|
|Sail Area||11.5 m²||118 sq.ft.|
|Wind Force||5 Beaufort||5 Beaufort|
|Engine Power||4.4 kw / 6 hp||4.4 kw / 6 hp|
|Motor Weight||30 kg||67 lbs|
|Shaft Length Motor||long shaft – L||long shaft – L|
|ISO Standard||ISO EN 6185 Kat. VI||ISO EN 6185 Kat. VI|
|Sailing for two or more||
- 2 wavepiercing hulls
- 2 safety valves
- 1 profile frame 4-parts
- 1 trampoline mesh with snap-buckles
- 1 double toe-strap
- 4 paddle retainer
- 1 net-pouch for lines
- 1 bowsprit
- 2 tensioning stays for bowsprit
- 1 crossbar bow
- 2 reinforcing bow braces
- 2 sleeve-inserts for optional stern crossbar/rear deck
- 1 centreboard
- 1 rudder
- 1 mast aluminium 4-parts
- 1 mast foot ball joint
- 2 double shrouds
- 2 neoprene shrouds protection
- 1 jib sail 3.5 sqm
- 1 mainsail 8.0 sqm
- 1 jib furler endless
- 1 jib halyard pulley
- 1 forestay
- 1 traveller
- 1 main sheet 4:1
- 2 shroud wind indicators
- 2 drilling for motor mounting
- 4 drilling for slipping-wheels
- 1 packing bag set 4-parts
- 1 specification label
- 1 repair kit
- 1 valve key
- 1 pressure relief adapter
- 1 owners manual with declaration of conformity
Your new boat in just a few steps
Included in the price:
- 1 Jib Sail
- 1 Main Sail
- 1 Pack-Sack
- 2 Pack-bags Universal Sail with Wheels
- 1 Pack-bag mast with compartments
- 1 Sail-bag
- 1 repair kit
HAPPY CAT HURRICANE
Accessory Set HAPPY CAT EVOLUTION/HURRICANE
ELECTRIC AIR PUMP WITH BATTERY
FOREDECK HAPPY CAT EVOLUTION + HURRICANE
FOREDECK NET HAPPY CAT
STERN CROSSBAR HAPPY CAT HURRICANE
REARDECK HAPPY CAT HURRICANE
Slipping wheels HAPPY CAT
STRONG WIND - SAIL SET
LEE-SHROUD TENSIONING SET
SUN AWNING HAPPY CAT EVOLUTION, HURRICANE
Tarpaulin HAPPY CAT HURRICANE
Motor-bracket HAPPY CAT EVOLUTION / HURRICANE
Motor-bracket HAPPY CAT EVOLUTION/HURRICANE long
Torqeedo Travel 1103 CL (long shaft)
incl. VAT, plus shipping costs