THE FASTEST WAY TO GET YOUR REPAIR/SERVICE WORKT
Please bring or send your boat directly to the Grabner repair department in KIRCHBERG, Austria:
It is necessary to place your contact details and detailed repair instructions into the package! If you think it necessary, mark the places where the repair is required.
After appropriate evaluation of your boat in the Grabner repair department, you will receive an offer for the necessary repair costs.
If there is no repair, the check and the estimate will be charged at EUR 50.00.
After placing your order, your boat gets repaired and will be returned to you.
CONTACT & ROUTE
Monday – Thursday: 07:00 – 12:00, 12:30 – 15:00
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and bank holiday closed
*Except Christmas holidays, various bank holidays – (please ask for details)
NOTES FOR REPAIRS
- Which boats can be repaired?
Grabner, Semperit, Metzeler - made in Germany up to production date of 1989, Big Pack up to production date of 1989 and 1994 – 1998.
Attention: the color of repair patches may be different from the original color.
- The length of repair time is a matter of individual arrangement and mutual agreement. You can speed up the process, if you consider and deside upon the cost estimate quickly.
- Service + repairs. Arrange for it as soon as possible after the season is over, or before the new season starts, and not when the boat is required in commission urgently!
- If you dispatch the boat, ensure it is wraped properly, so that nothing gets lost or damaged.
- If repair is to be carried out under guarantee please enclose the bill(copy).
- Glueing on special fittings: We need marked positions on the boat, or detailed drawings.
- Clean the boat yourself. Then you don’t incur cleaning costs.
- Put the valves into the package, but no accessories which have nothing to do with the repair.
- We do not mount fittings or acc. of the make of other companies!
- Deliver the boat flat packed. Boats which are on trailers or in an assembled state,(complete with engine, steering assembly, or flooring in situ,) will are NOT be accepted.
- We assume no liability for boats or trailers, which are parked on our company car-park.
- If the packing material supplied can not be re-used, new packing material will be charged for.
- Accounts have to be paid in full prior to delivery. (by cash, credit card, or bank transfer).
- If the boatskin is porous, or corrugations are torn, the price of repair usually is higher than the price of a new boat. In such this please consider this before sending or bringing the boat.
- Deflate the boat.
- Choose a repair patch of the proper size (patch must be approx. 1 – 2 inches longer and wider than the area to be repaired)
Attention: The corners must always be rounded off!
- Trace the size of the repair patch onto the boat.
- Sand the rear side of the repair patch and the repair area well with the sandpaper.
Attention: Don’t sand into the fabric!
- Clean the repair patch and the repair area with alcohol, surgical spirits or GRABNER-solution (special accessories).
Attention: the sanded areas must be completely free of dust and oil!
- Apply a thin coat of glue on the repair patch and the repair area.
- Apply glue to dry 5 – 10 min. until the glue surface becomes dull.
- Apply a second thin coat of glue.
- Allow to dry another 5 – 10 min.
Attention: Do not touch the glue areas with your hand! Seal the glue immediately after using!
- Stick the repair patch onto the repair area and press vigorously.
- Remove any glue residue with GRABNER-solution (special accessories) and press the repair area once more.
Attention: Solution should not come in contact with the glued area danger of dissolving the glue.
- Wait at least two hours before using your boat. It is best to leave the boat uninflated overnight.
- Do not use the glue in full sun exposure!
- Ensure good air circulation in closed rooms!
- Keep glue away from children!
- Do not use glue near on open flame –DANGER OF INFLAMMATION!
AIR PRESSURE TEST
- Inflate boot to operating pressure (0.3 bar).
- Kept in a room of constant temperature for 24 hours.
- Pressure loss may under consideration of room temperature and barometric pressure be 20 %.
- i.e. 0.3 bar after 24 h drop to 0.24 bar