New HAPPY CAT series from 2019
- 6. February 2019
- knowledge & tips,sailing
In the course of the one-year development of the new carbon mast, even the 'normal' HAPPY CAT EVOLUTION and HURRICANE have been improved. The most important points are:
- Bowsprit - from 2019 made of a different alloy, fittings for tensioning stays and jib sail got a new position, 5cm shorter bowsprit, 1.5cm larger diameter.
- Tension stays bowsprit - from 2019 they are made of a 4mm rope instead of a 3mm rope (even less elongation).
- Shrouds long - from 2019 the long shrouds are made of a 4mm rope instead of 3mm rope (even less elongation). The shrouds on the mast are repositioned.
- Halyard line + pulley for jib sail with HMPE core (known under the name Dyneema) (even less elongation than previous aramid core).
- Main and jib sheets more tighter woven, for even easier run through the blocks.
The catamarans feel even stiffer by the sum of the changes and run even more close to the wind. Even if the load limits are theoretically higher, the specified load limits must not be exceeded. This protects the structure and components of the catamaran and leads to a longer life.