Benefits carbon mast
- 6. February 2019
- knowledge & tips,sailing
Beside the futuristic appearance more differences exist between the standard aluminium mast and the carbon mast version:
- Mast 6 kg less weight. (EVO.: 73 kg instead of 79 kg, HUR.: 79 kg instead of 85 kg)
- “Smoother sailing behavior”: Sailing on one hull is more stable, because of lower mast center of gravity when tilted angular. So the tipping point occurs later.
- Overall mast more stiff - mast bending curve slightly lower, thus better, rounder cut of mainsail = even better mainsail profile, more propulsion.,
- Special plug connections with mandrel, no twisting of the parts.
- Masttop foamed, very tight connections, only a little water penetrates inside. As a result, it has a certain buoyancy.
- It is more easy to right catamaran after capsize because of lower mast weight and certain mast buoyancy.
- Less "centrifugal effect" when tacking. (Masttop is pushed less outward.)
- Easier to carry: A tailor made cushioned carrying bag is included in the carbon mast version.
- In addition, other details have been refined on the catamaran. See article "New HAPPY CAT series from 2019"
ARTIKEL TEILEN:[addtoany title="News Share"]
17. September 2019
Your 10 HAPPY CAT advantages
Now clearly summarized for you: Click here to see the benefits: https://www.grabner.com/en/10-advantages-happycat/read more
31. July 2019
Film HAPPY CAT meeting 2019 online!
7. June 2019
HAPPY CAT HURRICANE CARBON – Light wind balance fun
The new HAPPY CAT HURRICANE with carbon mast is really super stable controllable. Even with light wind you can have a lot of fun with a little practice. read more
6. February 2019
New HAPPY CAT series from 2019
In the course of the one-year development of the new carbon mast, even the 'normal' HAPPY CAT EVOLUTION and HURRICANE have been improved. The most important points are: Bowsprit - from 2019 made of a different alloy, fittings for tensioning stays and jib sail got a new position, 5cm shorter bowsprit, 1.5cm larger diameter. Tension…read more